Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crock Pot Tuesday

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe - here is my favorite crock pot soup....



Taco Soup


1 lb. hamburger (I use elk burger)
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2 cans pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
2 cans diced tomatoes


Brown the burger and then add the taco seasoning mix. Add all of the canned ingredients into the crock pot, do not drain. Add the burger and stir. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Serve with sour cream, chili fritos, shredded cheddar cheese, and small green chilies.

This recipe works well with any beans you may have on hand, sometimes I will chop up an onion and toss it with the browned meat. I also use my own taco seasoning mix recipe:


Taco seasoning mix

1 T chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp . oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper


This makes quite a bit for just 1 lb. of meat so I usually just use half of it and store the rest in an airtight container for later.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum...and I actually have all the ingredients!! Yay!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete