Friday, January 14, 2011

Hey, Hey, Hey!! (done in my best Fat Albert voice)

Can you believe the last time I have posted was in October?! Oh well...I'm still here, faithfully checking out my blog roll almost everyday to see what wonderful things are happening in blog land.

We had a GREAT Christmas! It was time well spent with lots of family ;-) Coming home was a little stressful, what usually takes about 5 hours, took us about 10! 10!!! I don't think we went any faster than 40 mph the whole time.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...









Anyway, on to the fun stuff...I finally have a place of my own! What I mean is I now have a studio!!!! (Doing a happy dance) I turned our storage room into a wonderful space that I can go and craft/paint/sew/make a mess and leave it for 2 weeks or whatever. I still needed it to have a spot for storage because we have no other place for this stuff (most of it is baby paraphernalia), but I was able to make it work!!! Don't ask me why I didn't do this earlier?

The before:






Ugh! What a mess.

So here's what I did...
1. Clear EVERYTHING (except the giant table) out
2. Sweep the floor and walls (it's an unfinished room so there were/are cobwebs)
3. Paint the walls white
4. Mix 8 gallon cans of half gone various blue paint together and paint the floor...3 coats
5. Organize everything that I took out in the beginning and put most of it back in...in the storage area
6. Set up my studio area

Come back tomorrow to see the after picture...I can't what for y'all to see it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific! Every creative girl needs a workshop. Good for you! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete