Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wood Stove...

One of my first posts was about "getting wood" for a wood stove that we didn't have yet. Last weekend my hubby's dad came down and helped put in our 'new to us' wood stove!


The before:










It was a HEAVY bugger! It took the three of us to get it off the truck and into the house...Makaila said we looked like penguins walking when we were carrying the stove...yeah, it was real funny...LOL







I was in charge of painting it with stove black...






While the boys cut a hole in the roof...






Our new chimney...we got lots of attention from the neighbors...





We wanted the stove to be in the corner and at an angle to the room, except the rafters wouldn't let that happen, so that's why it's in the spot it's in...





The after...we LOVE it! I actually don't mind the position it's in now. There is room in the corner behind the stove to put one of my old doors for decoration when we are not using it. Now I can finish painting the living room...



3 comments:

  1. That looks really nice! We have a woodstove fire place insert, and I can't wait to get that baby fired up- I am in SUCH a fall mood right now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for a fire if the hot weather would creep on out of here...Love your stove but down in the south we don't get much of a winter...we almost put a fire place in but decided against it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that's gonna be all toasty and cozy come fall and winter. Don't let Ramblin' Gal fool you, we get cold down here, too. Though she is a little south of me, so maybe its a little warmer where she is...
    Elise

    ReplyDelete