Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Operation Organize...

A while back Teri at the Farm Chicks posted about going through a "detour." Here is my MAJOR "detour." It all started with wanting to get out my fall decorations! But, first I decided that I should wipe out and organize the cabinets in the kitchen (I can't remember the last time I did this? Is that bad?)...


The Before...Yuck!....Can you tell where I keep the toaster?...







The After....now filled with things from the pantry...







Before....So I counted TWO sets of pots and pans...don't ask LOL!







After...I'm getting rid of one set and had room left over to fit stuff from the first cabinet...






So now that I had the pantry door open might as well keep going, right?



I'm not sure why I keep my shoes in the pantry...was a good idea at the time?





...So then I started thinking...I have a lot more room downstairs in the basement storage room...hummmmmmmm......

...So now I'm moving all of my pantry things and then decided to turn the previous pantry into...wait for it...



A Craft Closet!!!!










I might be crazy, but I LOVE it! I not quite done filling it up with all of my stuff, but you get the idea. The books will eventually be moved to a bookcase when we find one...I love being able to see all of my craft books and supplies, that were previously boxed up...there is even a spot for my sewing machine when I'm not using it!


3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! All my craft/sewing stuff is scattered hither and yon across the basement at the moment. An organized mess shall we say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love your craft closet!! I want to get out my fall stuff too!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need to do a little organizing also...hehehe...but I am so lazy but I am determined to do something this weekend.

    ReplyDelete